Master Your Camera
Intro to Digital Photography Workshop:
Whether you're new to photography or just brushing up on your skills, this 3 hour beginner/intermediate class will enlightin you on your way to becoming an expert with your digital camera.
- 3 hour park shoot focusing on the basics of a digital camera
- Learn to see and understand light, improve composition, and create images with more impact.
- Importance of using manual mode, learning how to use shutter speed, aperture and ISO for much better pictures. It's easier and much better than shooting on Auto - if given hands-on instruction.
- Emphasizing the photography of family/people pictures, landscapes, close-ups of flowers and/or insects, water, etc.
- How to sign up: Call A Master Image at 503-246-6563 or email us use the "Contact" tab!
3 Session Workshop:
Master photographer Don Faith has professionally captured thousands of images in a wide variety of settings. He has also taught photography for 37 years. Classically trained and incredibly experienced, he stays up-to-date on the latest techniques and has a down-to-earth teaching style:
- Two digital photography workshops + a 30-minute private session
- 2.5-hour introductory digital photography workshop in the studio & a 2.5-hour outdoor field trip
- Bring your own camera or rent one for a very small fee
Get ready to create wonderful pictures for your wall or gifts
During these hands-on classes, you'll learn to take consistently great pictures.The first workshop is at Don's comfortable studio. You'll master changing the settings on your camera for increased control of the image and receive extensive helpful information. In the second session, you'll enjoy a local outdoor field trip and discover techniques for great scenic images and wonderful outdoor people pictures. To top it all off, you'll benefit from 30 minutes of private instruction at Don's studio to tie up any loose ends. This session is geared solely toward your questions and interests.
Expanded 5 Session Workshop:
A unique DIGITAL photography workshop includes:
- Five sessions with an active pro, Don Faith, who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers and dozens of professionals since 1978.
- Small groups - class enrollment limited. You'll receive the assistance you'll need to succeed.
- This workshop will provide you with the ability to:
- Produce excellent exposures, regardless of lighting conditions.
- Save money - photography doesn't have to be very expensive.
- Learn the dynamics of composition, depth of field, etc., to create pictures with impact! It's easy and effective.
- Determine if the lab is to blame for your photographs not turning out well and what you can do about it.
- Gain some insights into digital manipulation, using programs such as Photoshop.
- Understand how to use the camera flip flash to create substantially better pictures.
- This fun workshop consists of five sessions, three indoor and two outdoor field trips (in the Columbia River Gorge and Portland at night). There are NO reading assignments!
- Cost: Call for all information. You'll save much more than that over printing poor quality pictures.
- Times: The sessions meet once a week (on Thursday nights), from 7:00 to 9:30 PM, except for the Columbia River Gorge trip, which is on a Sunday afternoon, from 1:00 to 3:30 PM. Call for dates.
- Location: Conveniently located in Portland off I-5, less than ten minutes from downtown or seven minutes from Washington Square. Free parking by the door. We can carpool to the two field trips.
- How to sign up: Call A Master Image at 503-246-6563 or Contact Us.
Private One-on-One Session:
This is a session where you will be able to address your specific needs. Any topic, including Photoshop. Call 503-246-6563 or e-mail us at
for pricing and service information.
Inquire About Classes Available at:
- Local Colleges in the Portland, OR area Recreational Districts:
Experience the joy of working in a classroom enviornment with other students of all ages
- Customize Your Own Class(es):
Design a class you would like to take with your group (any organization, service, assembly - at any location of your choice. Our studio or your site).
Enjoy the relaxed company of your associates or frends while learning about the fundamentals of using your camera.
- Topic possibilities: Learning your digital camera, how to take more creative scenic or people pictures, pet photography, shooting at night, etc. Anything you would like, we can teach you in an easy-to-understand and fun manner.
A Master Image / 503-246-6563 /